HOW APPLE AND SPOTIFY COMPARE
* Free for first three months then $US9.99 ($A13) a month in the US.
* Library offers more than 30 million tracks from the iTunes catalogue, including Taylor Swift.
* Founded in the USA last year after Apple bought Beats Music and launches in the UK on Tuesday.
* Includes a 24-hour radio station, Beats 1, presented by former BBC Radio One DJ Zane Lowe.
* Not available on Android phones until northern hemisphere autumn.
* Free with ads or $US9.99 ($A13) for the premium service.
* Also offers millions of songs but no Taylor Swift after the singer removed all her albums in a row over royalties.
* Founded in Sweden in 2006 and now has more than 60 million users.
* Learns about users’ tastes in music and connects with Facebook so that users can see what their friends are listening to.
* Available on all devices